Thursday, January 20, 2011

Radio, Radio

As you know, I love sharing music with you. That's why I do the Lucky Thirteen every week. Sure, it gives me a chance to write about acts I like, but more importantly it gives you the opportunity to listen to the music and judge for yourselves. I've always wanted to have a platform for sharing my musical tastes, something like a radio program. No, I don't have my own show yet. If anyone wants to give me a radio show, email me and let's talk.

In the meantime, this is about as close as I can get to having my own radio show. I've created an account at songza.com, as well as my own station. Appropriately enough, it's called Ghost of Blind Lemon Radio. Not exactly original, but it gets the point across effectively enough.

Songza's local music library is still somewhat limited, but even with that, I've got over 500 songs in my musical library, and am still hoping to add more. I'm not sure how an artist adds his or her music to Songza, but I'd encourage all my favorite locals to do add to their library, and by default you'll be adding to my station. Also, feel free to vote on which songs you like and don't like in my library. You can even suggest songs, but if you do, please, keep it local. Have fun listening!

No comments: