Thursday, January 27, 2011

Radio, Radio: The Sequel

First off, let me also thank all of the wonderful musicians who played night: Rahim Quazi, Phoenix Hart, Madison King, and Goodnight Ned. Also, thanks to Josh Florence, John Solis, and the entire Dada crew for making me feel at home. It was an honor to kick off their Blogosphere showcase series, and look forward to doing it again in the future. And to those who couldn't make the show, you really missed out on some amazing performances.

But before I went to Dada last night, I got the opportunity to do something I've wanted to do for awhile. For those following the Ghost of Blind Lemon Facebook page, you may recall me hinting that I'd love to have my own radio show. A friend pointed me in the direction of deepellumradio. And so right before my showcase, I recorded my very first show with the internet radio station. The show should hit the airwaves around 6 pm CST, but I'll confirm later with more official details. The show will be an eclectic sampling of my favorites from the metroplex area, ranging from country to hip-hop to acoustic. And of course, there'll be plenty of indie rock and straight ahead rock music. The episode that will air tonight features new tracks from Calhoun, The Red 100's, Novaak, and The O's among others. So get to a computer tonight around 6 and give the show a listen.

No comments: