- Daniel Folmer/Dust Congress/Nervous Certains (Good Records)
In a time of recession, free shows are a beautiful thing. Daniel Folmer's releasing a new CD, but get there early, because Sean Kirkpatrick's band Nervous Curtains will steal the show.
- The Demigs/the cut*off/DJ Wolf (Andy's Bar)
According to Andy's, DJ Wolf is not a DJ. Thanks for clearing up the confusion. Anywho, I love both The Demigs and the cut*off, and this is the best show in Denton all weekend. Nothing else comes close.
- Douglas Woodlane/Nicholas Altobelli (Banter)
Oops. I forgot that Banter is in Denton too. OK, so this one comes close.
- Airline/The Orbans/The Polycorns (Double-Wide)
In case you didn't know, The Lifters are now The Orbans. Airline is still Airline, which means they're still cool.
- The Slack (Lakewood Bar & Grill)
Has anyone else noticed that booking at LB&G is getting better and better?
- The Beaten Sea (Opening Bell Coffee - Mosaic)
Saw these guys last year at Kristy Kruger's benefit for Mojo. They were a very new band at the time, but I could instantly tell that this was a band to keep an eye on. No telling how far they've come since then.
- Nicholas Altobelli (Dunn Brothers Coffee Addison)
I'll be starting out my evening here...
- Dove Hunter/The Heelers (Double-Wide)
And then I'll most likely head to DW for some DH action...
- Salim Nourallah & The Constellations
But I might change my mind and come here instead. You never know.
- Somebody's Darling/Charlie Shafter & The Gnomes
The problem with raving as much as I have about SD is that I've lost anything new to say about them. So I'll just say this: they're great. 'Nuff said.
- King Bucks (Jack's Backyard)
I'd never heard of this place until Fishing For Comets booked a show there for last weekend. This might prove to be a good new place for checking out bands. At the least, they've gotten two Saturdays in a row with great bands. That's gotta count for something.
- The League of Fucking Decency/The Capture (The Cavern)
The opening band is a... Cure cover band? Don't get me wrong; I absolutely LOVE The Cure. Just seems like a weird fit for The LFD. That's all.