Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Not One. But Two GOBL Showcase Announcements

That's right, I've got a few of my own showcases coming up, and I'm quite excited about them. The first one is a mere week away. Club Dada is going to be starting a series of showcases from local bloggers, and I'm proud to say that mine will be the first in the series. So come on out Wednesday January 26th for a night of music with Rahim Quazi, The Roomsounds, and Goodnight Ned. Doors should open around 8, with Rahim starting off the music at 9. I'd introduce Rahim's music to you, but if you're reading this blog, you must be familiar with him considering how much I rave about this man. If not, then do yourself a huge favor and get acquainted with his music. The Roomsounds, the only GOBL showcase veteran on the bill, are doing an acoustic version of their alt-countryish style at 10, and then Goodnight Ned wraps it up at 11. It's a rather early show, which helps since you probably have that annoying thing the next day called work.

My next showcase is quite aways off, March 3rd to be specific. But I just can't wait to share the news with everyone. In conjunction with the fine folks at Wellhouse Co., I'm doing my first show at Lochrann's. As for the music, I have managed to get two of my favorite songwriters on the same bill. Menkena will open up the bill with their gorgeous shoegaze melodies and simple yet well written songs. The headliner is none other than one of the most universally respected songwriters in the area, Doug Burr. It may seem like an unusual pairing, since sonically the two artists are quite different. Yet at the core, these are two incredibly gifted storytellers. This may not be an evening of music to "party" to, but if quality music is reason enough to celebrate, then come celebrate with me at Lochrann's on Thursday March 3rd.

So mark both dates on your calendar, and while you're at it, you might want to start coming up with your excuses for why you're late to work the next day. Just a suggestion.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll be there March 3rd. Congrats on your shows!