Monday, November 29, 2010

The Lucky Thirteen: 11/29/10

Due to difficulties with Grooveshark, today's playlist has been severely delayed. Before reading comments on the artists, I'd like to point out that two artists on this week's Lucky Thirteen, namely Phoenix Hart and Ronnie Fauss, have Black Monday specials, so hurry to take advantage!!!

Standard playlist disclaimer: any artists, record labels, etc. who do not wish to be on the playlist for any reason whatsoever, email me at ghostofblindlemon@gmail.com and I will gladly remove the track. And if you'd actually like to be on the playlist, you can use the same email address to email me your mp3's. If I like the song, then odds are it'll wind up on a playlist.


  1. "Christmas (Doesn't Have to Be So Bad)", THe BAcksliders
    I hope everyone has seen the major showcase announcement on the blog featuring this band as the headliner. Here's a little Christmas song from the band. Now that Thanksgiving is over, I feel it's safe to start dusting off the Christmas songs.

  2. "District County Court", Daniel Folmer
    I'm not sure whether the proper artist name for this song is Daniel Folmer or Danny Rush. I just know that I'm digging this more rockin' country side of the man.

  3. "Until We Meet Again", Phoenix Hart
    While at Emmeline's CD party (I'll discuss the event more later), I had the privilege of meeting Ms. Hart. She's every bit as likable as her tunes. Speaking of those tunes, you can download her album Save Love for a mere $4.99 until Tuesday, 2:00 A.M. CST. Trust me, that's a steal that you don't want to miss out on.

  4. "Do You Love Me?", The Bat Mastersons
    Thanks to my friend Michelle Stockton for giving me a copy of Tales from The Edge Vol. 7 & 8, featuring this Bat Mastersons classic that I hadn't heard since it came out in 1993. It was a nice blast from the past.

  5. "8587 (Birthday)", Sore Losers
    Nic Hernandez requested the duo's "Epic Outro" a few weeks back. Now I'm spotlighting my personal favorite of Sore Losers.

  6. "When We Were Wild", The Orbans
    The Orbans will open for the Epic Ruins CD release show at Lola's this Saturday. Calhoun, also featured on this week's Lucky Thirteen, completes the bill.

  7. "Clara", Paul Slavens
    Also this Saturday night, Opening Bell Coffee has quite the stellar lineup with Summer Ames, Garrett Owen, and Mr. Slavens. No word on whether he'll be performing songs from Alphabet Girls, Vol. I, making up songs for donations, or both.

  8. "Virtue and Vice", The Virgin Wolves
    Ah, more good shows... this one taking place this Thursday at Rubber Gloves, with Deep Snapper and Paper Robot opening.

  9. "Apocalypse (A Love Story)", Calhoun
    I've heard the band's new track, "Knife Fight", on The Local Edge with Mark. I'd love to post that song on a Lucky Thirteen, but alas, I don't have the song. Do you hear that, members of Calhoun? I'd love to play songs from your upcoming album, Heavy Sugar, but I don't have it yet. Maybe you can fix that problem? And no, I'm not too proud to hit up bands for CDs if the music is awesome enough.

  10. "Shivonne", Menkena
    Menkena will opening for Birds & Batteries this Thursday at Lochrann's in Frisco. While you're there, bug Jimmy and ask him when the album's coming out.

  11. "A Hundred Years", Emmeline
    A few times a year, a show takes place that is more than a nice show, but transcends into a genuinely beautiful experience. Emmeline's CD release was one of those nights. This is a very talented young lady, and I'm proud to have been a part in helping her music get out to the public. Well done, Emmeline, well done.

  12. "Barn Burner", The Roomsounds
    What happens when you mix The Roomsounds, Becky Middleton, and ugly Christmas sweaters? Find out Friday night at The Prophet Bar.

  13. "Driving Through Memphis", Ronnie Fauss
    Ronnie's CDs are being sold for a 2-for-1 price; click here to take advantage of this opportunity. This track is from his new CD, Mulligan, and will most likely be played Saturday when he opens for Grant Jones and the Pistol Grip Lassos at the Kessler Theater this Friday Thursday.

No comments: