Monday, November 22, 2010

The Lucky Thirteen: 11/22/10

Sometimes I like to mix things up and do a playlist with some sort of theme. Last week, I chose the "theme" of an all-request playlist. I took back the reigns this week, and decided to do an all female singer-songwriter edition. I've always had a weakness for female songwriters. Blame it on listening to too much Indigo Girls and Sarah McLachlan in college. Here are thirteen of my favorites from these parts. Forgive me if there are fewer comments than usual, with some songs not featuring any comments. It's going to be a busy week for yours truly, and you should see some of the rewards for that later this week on the blog. For now, just enjoy the music.

Standard playlist disclaimer: any artists, record labels, etc. who do not wish to be on the playlist for any reason whatsoever, email me at ghostofblindlemon@gmail.com and I will gladly remove the track. And if you'd actually like to be on the playlist, you can use the same email address to email me your mp3's. If I like the song, then odds are it'll wind up on a playlist.


  1. "The Story", Emmeline
    Emmeline's CD release party for Early Morning Hours this Friday at Ten Times Cellar was what inspired me to do this playlist.

  2. "Save Your Breath", Camille Cortinas
    Camille says her next CD should be out early next year. Keep your fingers crossed that she's right.

  3. "Proof", Emily Elbert
    Coppell's finest will be playing the Kessler Theater this Saturday.

  4. "Vulnerable", Sarah Jaffe
    You know, I thought about leaving Sarah Jaffe off of this list, and just... whoa, buddy! Take a deep breath. I was only kidding. You can quit hyperventilating now.

  5. "For Ages", Sara Donaldson

  6. "Gold Rush", Kristy Kruger

  7. "Will Anybody Love Me", Lalagray

  8. "What We Have Become", Phoenix Hart
    Here's a coincidence: I emailed Ms. Hart to get a track to put on my playlist. Before she ever got her email, one of her publicists saw that I'd published her cover of "Hot 'N Cold" and emailed me the album. Pretty crazy, huh?

  9. "His Heart", Meredith Louise Miller
    Here's a 90's classic for you. Meredith, you need to come back to Dallas and play a show.

  10. "Capture", Summer Ames
    This is a great song with a great video that you should watch. Click here to watch.

  11. "For Keeps", Iris Leu

  12. "Paper Girl", Katie Carroll
    Just a reminder, I'm assembling my top 40 for 2010. This song is pretty much guaranteed a spot on there. Want to know what else will make the cut? Too bad. You've got to wait, just like everyone else.

  13. "The Cure", Anna Thomas
    Her EP, Break Apart, should be available on itunes by now, and it's worth getting. Also, I'm taking a moment to make a correction: she's 14, not 13. My bad.

No comments: