Friday, July 17, 2009

MAJOR Oversight on My Part!!!

I had a long list of shows to discuss for the weekend, and I tried to be as thorough as possible. Alas, I left one show out, and it's a really big deal show. Hendrick plays the Granada Theater this Saturday night, celebrating the release of their new CD, Exhale. I plan to do a proper review of the album in the upcoming weeks. As you might have noticed, however, one particular track off the CD has grabbed my attention. In fact, not only has it grabbed my attention, it has refused to let go, clinging tenaciously inside my brain. That song is "Echo and the Pass", a gorgeous eight minute epic that goes straight to the heart. I have often said that when music is truly at its finest, words cannot do it justice. That is exactly how I feel about that song. Without going into an actual review of the CD, I will say that while "Echo and the Pass" is the highlight of Exhale, it is by no means the only good song on there. Scott McCurry and Chris August open this fine show. And by all means, if I've forgotten any other good shows this weekend, post a comment as a gentle (or not so gentle) reminder.

No comments: