Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday Morning Major Announcement

I know, Mondays are a drag, and you're in need of something to cheer you up. You need a reason to get through the week, like Friday. Unfortunately, Friday feels so far away. Well, I'm bringing your Friday a little closer, by making Thursday nights feel a little more like Friday.

I am proud and excited to announce that I shall be hosting a series of concerts every Thursday in June at Lakewood Bar & Grill. The entertainment shall start at 9:00 sharp each Thursday night, and cover is a mere $5. That is a bargain when you consider the quality of the acts that will be playing. And not to brag or anything, but I think I have done a darn fine job of putting together lineups. As you can see from the poster, this Thursday night kicks things off with The Monco Poncho, Macon Greyson, and Douglas Woodlane. In case you're curious, let me give you a sneak peek of the remaining Thursdays in June.

Thursday, June 11
Cocky Americans
RTB2
Grassfight

Thursday, June 18
Lovie
The Felons
The Burgundys

Thursday, June 25
The O's
The Marfalites
TBA (this shall change soon)

I think I'm fortunate to have all of these bands willing to play for my showcase. Any one of these bands ALONE is worth the $5 cover charge, and put together, it really gives you maximum bang for the buck. I hope to see all of your smiling faces Thursday nights at Lakewood Bar & Grill. Start your weekend a little early with me and some of the area's finest acts. You'll be glad you did.

1 comment:

Ruby Dee said...

yay for the Marfalites!