Monday, June 1, 2009

MySpace Playlist: 5/31/09 (a day late)

I didn't get the playlist published until late last night, and I was a bit tired at that point. Plus, I had an announcement I wanted to make before publishing the playlist. What, you haven't read about it yet? Go back one post and read Monday Morning Major Announcement first.

You may notice that the first three tracks in the playlist are also the three acts scheduled to play my show Thursday night at Lakewood Bar & Grill. No, that's not a coincidence, but rather a clever plug. Give those songs a listen, and I'm sure it will make you want to attend my showcase.

The following seven tracks represent my personal picks for Friday night's Big Thing awards ceremony held by Quick magazine at the Granada Theater. Tickets are a mere $5, and the proceeds go to benefit the North Texas Volunteer Challenge.

  1. "Luminary", The Moncho Poncho

  2. "John Q", Macon Greyson

  3. "Old Time Gold", Douglas Woodlane

  4. "T Docks Summertime", Clay Pendergrass (My choice - Big DJ)

  5. "Hang On", Salim Nourallah (My choice - Big Studio Ace + REALLY close call on Big Solo Artist)

  6. "Waiting for the Flowers to Bloom", Nicholas Altobelli (My choice -Big Solo Artist)

  7. "Even Born Again", Sarah Jaffe (My choice - Big Song)

  8. "For Keeps", Iris Leu (My choice - Next Big Thing)

  9. "The Sparrow Spooked the Crow", Dove Hunter (My choice - Big Album AND Big Live Act)

  10. "You've Got Your Heart", The O's (My choice - Big Group)

1 comment:

Christina's Creations said...

It was nice meeting you. :)

-christina