Friday, April 24, 2009

M2S2 RSVP ASAP!!!

I promise, I'll get a more thorough list of good weekend shows later today. In the meantime, let me tell you a little about the biggest show of the weekend. M2S2 goes down this weekend at Life in Deep Ellum, and this will be an all day celebration. Before I start talking about the event, however, let me ask you this: have you RSVPed yet? If not, take a break from reading Ghost of Blind Lemon and RSVP. Simply send an email to m2s2@lifeindeepellum.com and when you arrive tomorrow, you'll be on the list and will not have to pay a cover charge. Sweet, huh?

Now for the details. The event kicks off at noon, with a Zounds Sounds CD release and performances by several bands featuring Zounds Sounds students. Then at 4:00 pm, the art gallery at Life in Deep Ellum will host Ear Candy, featuring many of the area's finest photographers works on display. This will include works by Ange Fitzgerald, Erica Felicella, Hal Samples, and Kate Mackley, among many others.

The main event starts at 7 pm, with artists playing in both the Mokah Coffeehouse and the main stage. I'm not even going to begin to list all the bands playing; go to M2S2 for the complete lineup. I will list a few special highlights for me:

  • The Orbans will be playing, and I'm curious to hear how they've grown since they were The Lifters. Based on their new song "Were Her", they've gone from good to fabulous.

  • It's been a year since I've seen RTB2, and that's way too long a wait. That changes tomorrow.

  • Two GOBL favorites, Nicholas Altobelli and The O's, will play the Mokah Lounge and main stage respectively.

  • Jonathan Tyler & Northern Lights headline, and every time these guys play, they blow my mind.


Hope to see many smiling faces there!

No comments: