Monday, December 6, 2010

The Lucky Thirteen: 12/6/10

As you might have noticed, I'm just a little bit excited about my showcase this Friday at Green Elephant. For those who somehow missed my post and tweets, here's the deal: THe BAcksliders, Pale Horse, and The Black & Blues are performing a showcase of mine this Friday at The Green Elephant. And not to brag or anything, but this is going to be seriously amazing. I am super proud of this lineup, and I hope you will come and check it out.

But back to the playlist. This week, I'm spotlighting not only the artists playing my showcase this Friday, but an assortment of acts that I have had the privilege of performing at my showcases.

Standard playlist disclaimer: any artists, record labels, etc. who do not wish to be on the playlist for any reason whatsoever, email me at ghostofblindlemon@gmail.com and I will gladly remove the track. And if you'd actually like to be on the playlist, you can use the same email address to email me your mp3's. If I like the song, then odds are it'll wind up on a playlist.


  1. "Regular Nights", THe BAcksliders
    This is the second showcase of mine featuring THe BAcksliders. They also performed for the GOBL one year anniversary show at Club Dada in 2008.

  2. "You're No Good", Pale Horse
    Pale Horse has also had experience with GOBL showcases, having performed this past May at my Cavern showcase.

  3. "Thinkuboutmi", Keite Young
    Unfortunately, I do not have any Black & Blues songs to share with you. I'll do the next best thing, and feature a solo track from B&B lead singer Keite Young. This guy has a serious set of pipes on him, and you need to get there good and early so that you don't miss this band.

  4. "What I Always Wanted", Chris Holt
    I love it when I get to be the first to debut a song. Erv from Idol Records shared this new Christmas track from Mr. Holt, and I'm stoked to let my readers hear it now! And just so you know, Chris performed at the first GOBL showcase, which was held December 29, 2007 at Opening Bell Coffee.

  5. "Borrowed Time", The Monco Poncho
    The Monco Poncho headlined my first showcase at Lakewood Bar & Grill...

  6. "The Queen Himself", Fate Lions
    And Fate Lions headlined my last showcase at that venue.

  7. "Rocketships", Menkena
    Menkena helped me ring in the second year anniversary of the blog with a show at City Tavern.

  8. "Romance Tried to Kill Me", Cocky Americans
    Cocky Americans were on the same Cavern bill with Pale Horse. Roomsounds played that night as well.

  9. "Your Virgo", Lovie
    Lovie has played two showcases of mine. The first was an Opening Bell Coffee showcase, mere days after the band won Quick magazine's 2008 Battle of the Bands. The second time, they played at Lakewood Bar & Grill along with The Felons and The Burgundys.

  10. "We've Had Everything", The O's
    The O's also performed at my two year anniversary show at City Tavern. And no, you didn't miss out on the 3 year anniversary show. I didn't organize one. I guess I'll have to make #4 even bigger to make up for it.

  11. "Buyer's Remorse", Les Americains
    Here's yet another in the long list of acts that played my Lakewood Bar & Grill showcases.

  12. "Slideshows", Rose County Fair
    John Pedigo has done plenty of my showcases, both as half of The O's as well as this band of his. RCF played both of my showcases at Dada, both my one year anniversary show as well as my January 2009 showcase that also featured The O's, Erik Neff, and Nicholas Altobelli.

  13. "She Falls", Rahim Quazi
    I believe Mr. Quazi holds the record for most GOBL showcases. He was played solo at my first showcase, then Rahim & The Supernaturals performed the Dada 1 year anniversary show, and he also played one of my Lakewood Bar & Grill shows. And I have a VERY strong feeling that he'll be adding a fourth show to his musical resume. Curious? Good.

No comments: