Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I Sure Know How to Pick a Winner!

In the beginning, there was 64. A total of 64 bands competed for the glory of winning Quick magazine's "Battle of the Bands 2008". Well, all the votes have been counted, and unless the guys from Bridges & Blinking Lights bring up the topic of hanging chads, Lovie is this year's winner. My congratulations go out to Lovie, and I am so excited about this victory.

At this point, I would like to mention a few upcoming Lovie shows. Tomorrow night, the band will be playing the Gordon Keith show. If you want to be a part of the studio audience, click here for more information. The show will broadcast Saturday night at 11:35 p.m. on Channel 8. This is worth Tivo-ing (or setting the VCR in my case). Sure, you could stay home at watch it on TV, but I have an even better idea.

Why watch Lovie on television when you can experience the band live in person? The ladies in Lovie have so graciously agreed to headline my current Ghost of Blind Lemon showcase. Tonite Tonite and Klickitat round out this lineup, which is pretty damn fabulous if I do say so myself. The shows starts at 8:00 at Opening Bell Coffee, and while there is no mandatory cover this time around, there is a "suggested donation" of $5, which is really a steal. Come on out, say hi to me, and congratulate Lovie on their victory.

No comments: