What follows is less of a review, and more of a simple list of thanks.
- For any great musical showcase, great music is needed. What better place to start the thank you's than with the musicians. Thanks to Michaela Kuenster of Klickitat, Tonite Tonite, and Lovie for agreeing to play. Simply put, every last one of you is an awesomely talented individual.
- Next, I'd like to thank Opening Bell Coffee for providing a venue for my second showcase. Thanks to Pascale and to Taylor Davis for allowing me to play booking agent for an evening.
- I thank Dave Hickmott of The Felons. He came to the show as a spectator, but ended up being the "sound guy" for all the sets. Thank you Dave, because I would not have had the slightest clue what to do. Left in my hands, it probably would have been an acoustic mess. In your hands, however, the sound was great.
- Thanks to the Crazy Picture Guy himself, Scotty Mankoff. Scotty's mere presence turns an average night at a venue into an event. Scotty has a way of getting the best (and sometimes most interesting) poses out of people. I would strongly encourage you to click here to see his fine work from that evening.
- Finally, thanks to everyone who came out. I would like to thank (in alphabetical order by first name) Beth, Christine Cochran, Debbie, Jerrett, Kathleen, Lacey and Carter of The Liking Strikes, Nick, and Tara. And to anyone else in attendance whose name is not listed, I thank you and apologize for the omission.
Give me a little time to recoup, and I'll start plotting showcase number three.