Friday, May 22, 2009

Still Can't Stop the Serenity

It's been a crazy week, and I have had yet another "wish I could've blogged more" week. Oh well. Normally on Friday, I'd give the Friday/Saturday recommendations. I'll do Saturday recommendations tomorrow. If you're reading this and you still have time, head to one of the two following places: Lee Harvey's (Boys named Sue) or City Tavern (RTB2 & Binary Sunrise).

I want to talk about Sunday plans for a bit. You've got the Memorial Day weekend, and you probably don't have to go to work the next day, leaving you more time to go see some bands. If that's what you're thinking, then I would encourage you to head over to Poor David's Pub for the second annual Can't Stop the Serenity music showcase. I attended last year's event, and had quite the good time, and I'm sure this year shall be great as well. Here's the lineup:

  • Kristina Morland, starting at 4:15

  • Morning Elephant, starting at 5:00

  • Marian Call (from Alaska), starting at 6:00

  • Velvet Kittens (burlesque act), starting at 7:15

  • Inner Frequency, starting at 8:00


Cover is only $13, and all the proceeds go towards the charity Equality Now. Good music and a good cause. What more do you need? Oh yeah... no guarantees, but last year I ended up sort of emceeing the event and introducing the bands, and that just might happen again this year. I don't know whether that will be a motivating factor, or if it will frighten you off. Who knows?

No comments: