Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Vagina… Do I Have Your Attention?

The University of Texas at Dallas will be presenting The Vagina Monologues over the next three days. I know, you’re wondering why I am talking about a play on a website devoted to the local music scene. It seems to be a strange fit. One might even wonder if I’m simply mentioning the play for the mere opportunity to say the word “vagina” repeatedly.

Okay, I do confess that I enjoy the shock value of the repeated use of the V-word. I do, however, have a real purpose in bringing up the play, and yes, it does tie into the local music scene. First of all, Andrea Roberts of Happy Bullets has a part in the play. Second of all, the band Lovie is going to be the opener for all of the performances. Also, it’s worth mentioning that the money for the ticket sales will go to charities that help battered and abused women. Okay, the last one isn’t about the music scene, but it is an important cause, and the only thing I love more than local music is the ability to hear local music and support charity at the same time.

Oh, and speaking of Lovie, I’ve got some news that I’ll be breaking soon that involves Lovie. What is it, you ask? Patience, my young grasshoppers. All will be revealed in due time.

No comments: