Sunday, February 24, 2008

I Don't Like Mondays, But...

Do you need a little relief for a crappy Monday? And after all, is there any other kind of Monday? Yeah, I didn't think so either. Fortunately, this Monday has more going on than your average Monday.

Bill's Records is sure to be jumping Monday night. Erykah Badu is going to be hanging out at Bill's; I don't know yet whether or not she will be performing. C'mon, there's a stage for performance; let's put it to some good use. Even if she doesn't sing, the opportunity to meet Erykah (or even just be in the same room as her) is reason enough to go. Jeff Liles will also be on hand, handing out free DVD's of "The Last Record Store", his documentary on Bill's.

Barley House doesn't have Erykah Badu or Jeff Liles on hand, but they do have one of my new faves on hand. Tonite Tonite will be performing, and if you missed them when they opened up for Chomsky, then shame on you. It was my first opportunity to see them live, and their performance lived up to everything I expected of them. Also, the band is supposed to start playing at 9:30, so I would imagine the evening would wrap up early for those of you who have work the next day.

With events like these, it's almost enough to make a person like Mondays. Almost is the key word there.

No comments: