Saturday, October 6, 2007

Texas/OU weekend shows

I’m a lot later on my weekend update than I wanted to be. I hope some of you found your way over to either The Moon or Club Dada in order to see THe BAcksliders. Also, Jonathan Tyler and the Northern Lights played at The Cavern, and I’m sure it was so packed that it would even make canned sardines feel claustrophobic. Either way, whether or not you saw those shows, I still have some choice selections for tonight.

.

• Another show I forgot to mention from Friday was Inner City All Stars’ gig at Gator’s in downtown Dallas. But tonight gives you a second chance to see them at Gezellig. This is one of the best party bands in town, so be prepared for lots of drinking, dancing, and partying.
• Flickerstick will play at The Aardvark tomorrow night. Here’s a simple math equation: Flickerstick + Texas OU Weekend + Drunken TCU students =chaos to the nth degree. I’m not sure what effect opening bands Holy Moly, Swilley, and Tame..Tame and Quiet will have on the equation. Any student with a double major in mathematics and moshing should consider this event mandatory. On the bright side, homework has never been so much fun.
• Dan’s Silverleaf is the place to be tonight to watch the results of the Rock Lottery. For those of you unfamiliar with the process, 25 musicians are chosen to participate in the event. These musicians are divided into 5 groups, where they have one day to create a band name and write songs to perform that evening. Go to the Rock Lottery MySpace page for more details.
• Last, but DEFINITELY not least, Macon Greyson plays at Adair’s tonight. Every year they play there for the Texas/OU weekend, and this will be my fourth year to see them there. It is my Red River showdown tradition, and you should consider making it yours too. Hope to see you there, and I hope we’ll be celebrating a Longhorns triumph!

Oh, and I promise, the MG album review is coming soon!

No comments: