Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sunday shows

For a lot of people, Sundays are days meant for resting and essentially being lazy. This Sunday, however, there are a few shows that would be worth getting out and seeing.

First and foremost, Club Dada is holding a benefit for doorman John “Beard” Brewer. I posted the lineup in my previous blog article, and to my knowledge, the lineup has not changed. Cost is $10, and when you consider the level of bands that are playing, it’s a steal. After all, Brave Combo or David Garza alone could easily cost $10. Oh, and if you can, get there early enough for the beautiful vocal stylings of Anna Proctor, as well as the rock spectacle known as THe BAcksliders. The show starts at noon, so get moving.

I also have a recommendation for all my readers living in the North Dallas area. Well, that’s assuming any of my readers live in North Dallas. Fishing For Comets will play the Huffhines Art Trails Festival at 4:30 this afternoon. The weather lately has been lovely, so I suspect that FFC would provide the perfect soundtrack for such a day. As far as I can tell, there is no cover for the festival. This is a rare event that would be perfect for the whole family.

No comments: