Saturday, October 20, 2007

Choice #1 for Saturday... and all the runners up

Where should you be tonight? This is the answer.




Tickets are still available to this show, which surprises the living daylights out of me. Just the fact that Old 97's are playing should mean that there should be no tickets left. That's not even factoring in all the great openers and the fact that this is a memorial to one of the finest musicians this city ever had the opportunity to know. I would strongly encourage you to run out RIGHT THIS SECOND and get tickets. That's right; you can finish reading this article once you have your tickets.

Since I do expect this show to sell out, let me give you a few back up plans in case you cannot get tickets.

• Did you read my write-up on the S.P.E.A.K. project show at Ridglea Theater? I don’t feel like repeating myself, so go read Three Nights in Funkytown for more details. One correction though: the show starts at 4 p.m. I heard something about more bands being added to the lineup, so get there early so you can see it all.
• Chemistry Set shows are rare. Shows by The Hundred Inevitables are even rarer. Damn it guys, why did you have to pick this Saturday to do a show at Club Dada? I’ll be lucky to get another Chemistry Set show in before the end of the year. Hell, at this rate, by the next time I Hundred Inevitables play, we’ll probably have a new president in office. Phil Marshall is on the bill as well.
• Fishing For Comets plays Opening Bell Coffee tonight, along with Travis Brink and Madison King. I predict FFC will play “Halloween” at least once. If you ask really nicely, she might even play it twice.
Jim Suhler & Monkey Beat play tonight at Lone Star CafĂ© & Club in Garland. That’s right, I said Garland. After all, Garland people need good music too.

These shows are only intended as back-ups in case the show is sold out, or if you can’t afford the $30 tickets. But if you can’t go to the show, at least send in a donation (however much you can afford) to the Carter Albrecht Music Foundation at this address:

The Carter Albrecht Music Foundation
Northern Trust Bank
Attn: Keith Braley
16475 Dallas Pkwy., Suite 100
Addison, TX 75001

No comments: