Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Miscellaneous musings

Here are some random things I felt like passing on to my readers:

• My computer got a nasty virus this past weekend, but it seems to be ok now.

• I wanted to do a proper “Farewell to Wreck Room” article Sunday, but the above mentioned virus prevented me from doing so. It seems anti-climactic at this point, so maybe when Lola’s opens up, I can do a “Goodbye Wreck Room, Hello Lola” article instead.

• Here’s another something for you Fort Worth people. Black Tie Dynasty play Thursday night at 8.0 along with Burning Hotels, so feel free to start your weekend early.

• Thanks to Natalie Darrah from Fat Caddy Records for sending me 20th Century Accidents. A review of the album is in the works.

• Thanks to all who voted for THe BAcksliders. Alas, some band called Boy Caught Dream is the recipient of KDGE's band of the week title. There's still next week though.

• For those who didn’t know already, Ghost of Blind Lemon has its own Myspace page. Click here to see it, and if I’m not your friend already, feel free to add me as a friend.

• I predict Texas will beat OU 63-0. It probably won’t happen quite like that, but I can dream, can’t I? On a similar note, keep your eyes open for my list of things to over the Texas-OU weekend. It’ll be a long list featuring so many good options it’s making my head hurt just thinking about it.

Check in tomorrow night; hopefully by then the Macon Greyson CD review will be posted. For now though, it’s time for me to get some sleep, and maybe have sweet dreams of Texas annihilating OU.

No comments: