Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Return of the Ray

I had the opportunity to speak with John Dufilho at the Carter Memorial Show at Granada last month, and I asked him the same question that I've asked him for the past year. The question is quite simple: when will Deathray Davies play again? Don't get me wrong; I understand that many of the members are busy with other side projects. John has been busy drumming for Apples in Stereo, Jason Garner is drumming for the pAper chAse, and Kevin Ingel has his own band Sparklepussy Barbie to keep him occupied.

That doesn't change the simple fact that I have missed seeing DRD something fierce. I've missed Kevin's crazy antics and mad theramin skills. I've missed the dance parties that are what some call a concert. I have missed hearing "Chainsaw" and "I Regret the Day I Tried to Steal Daniel's Ego" and and too many other classics penned by Mr. Dufilho. Simply put, I have missed anything and everything related to Deathray Davies.

You can only imagine my sheer joy to discover that Deathray Davies are playing their first show in over a year! They will be performing with Salim Nourallah on December 20th at the Granada Theater. Word has it that Jason Garner is now on drums, and there will more than likely be other changes in the band. Odds are they will even bust out a few songs from their upcoming CD.

In the meantime, I leave you with a homemade video made by Dufilho himself. This is hands down my favorite song the band has ever done.

The Deathray Davies - The Fall Fashions

No comments: