Monday, April 9, 2012

The Lucky Thirteen: 4/9/12

This past weekend was 100% beautiful melodic insanity. The Deep Ellum Arts Festival is one of the most incredible weekends of the year, and this year was no exception. I owe a huge thank you to Kim Keebler, for letting me book acts in her store and also for letting me help book the Deep Ellum Radio Stage. Thanks to the wonderful acts who played at In Accord during Saturday, and thanks to everyone who played the Deep Ellum Radio stage, making it a huge success. My apologies to Ducado Vega, Tweed EQ, Here in Arms, and The Klanks. The weather got the best of the festival, and I truly regret that you did not get the opportunity to perform and let your talent shine. Maybe next year the weather will treat us kinder. In any event, I'm overall thrilled with the weekend, but tired.

As a result, here is a commentless Lucky Thirteen playlist. Fortunately, these songs stand on their own, so I'll just shut up now and let you listen.

Standard playlist disclaimer: any artists, record labels, etc. who do not wish to be on the playlist for any reason whatsoever, email me at ghostofblindlemon@gmail.com and I will gladly remove the track. And if you'd actually like to be on the playlist, you can use the same email address to email me your mp3's. If I like the song, then odds are it'll wind up on a playlist.

  1. "Steampunk Jetpack", Sealion
  2. "Fortune Teller", Jessie Frye
  3. "Indian Melody", Calhoun
  4. "Julie", Dovetail
  5. "One Loaded Gun", Lara Parker
  6. "Just Like California", Old 97's
  7. "Minx", Old 97's
  8. "Knockout Rose", Bad Design
  9. "Save Me", Siren Sea
  10. "Within the Flame", Anna Thomas
  11. "La Revolucion", Dead Beat Poetry
  12. "Nazarene", Madison King
  13. "Never Too Late", The Electro-Magnetics

No comments: