Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Few Updates

I've got a lot to share today, so listen up...

  1. I've been wanting to share this poster with you for awhile. It was designed by Cory Jensen, who also does a nice little blog called Dusted Juke. Unfortunately, there is one change that needs to be made to the poster. Sadly to say, Menkena will NOT be able to play the show this Thursday at Lochrann's. Secret Cities from North Dakota will play instead, and Doug Burr will still headline the show. Needless to say, the show's still gonna be great, and I hope to see all my readers at Lochrann's this Thursday.


  2. You've probably noticed I've been raving a lot about the upcoming Calhoun CD Heavy Sugar. It appears I'm not the only one severely impressed by their most recent effort. Erv Kerwalis of Idol Records has just now added Calhoun to their roster. The CD is scheduled for release on May 17th. This album meshes a certain amount of the edgier style of Falter.Waiver.Cultivate with the pop hooks more frequently associated with Tim Locke's work. The result? In the past 15 years or so that Mr. Locke has been making music, this is his finest work to date. Big claim? Yes. Does the music back up the claim? Absolutely.


  3. The DC9 at Night blog just published a write up on Chad Lovell, the man behind deepellumradio, among other things. I would encourage you to click here to read the article. And yes, there will be more of my shows on the station, so keep an eye (or ear) out for that.


I'm working on some more stories/showcases/radio shows/insane ideas, so keep checking in. You never know what you might find.

No comments: