As for the rest of the weekend, I figure you can go one of two routes. Route number one is to sit at home and feel depressed. Heaven knows that would be easy to do. Route number two is to go out and see a show. While you ponder those two options, let me ask you this: which do you think Carter would do?
If you came to the same conclusion that I did, then check out your options:
- Fishing For Comets (Al Amir)
- Red Monroe/Sarah Jaffe (Good Records)
- The Happy Bullets/The Peekers (Lee Harvey’s)
- The Felons/Warm in the Wake/The Crashdown (The Cavern)
- 2nd Annual Dallas Observer Losers’ Award Show featuring Rose County Fair, Paul Slavens, Wanz Dover, Steve Austin, DJ Wild In The Streets, and Johnny Lloyd Rollins (Double Wide)
- The Backsliders/Team Evil/Darla Oates (Lakewood Bar & Grill)
- Red Monroe (CD Release Party)/Baboon/Saboteur/Jonathan Tyler and the Northern Lights/Odis + DJ sets by The Hourly Radio (Granada Theater)
- Sparklepussy Barbie (Barley House)
Go out with your friends, have some fun, and hear some great music. While you’re at it, raise your beer glass and toast to having known Carter.