For the first time in about four years, Slobberbone has decided to dip their toes back into the pool of our local music scene. It's not like lead singer Brent Best hasn't stayed busy, with both solo shows and his other band, The Drams. Still, it's gonna be a lot of fun to see these guys play again. Tonight you can find the band at their favorite Denton hangout, Dan's Silverleaf. Tomorrow night they will perform at Barley House. I am not sure if there will be a cover at the Barley House show or not. There usually is not a cover there, but this show is such an enormous deal, I'd bring cover money just in case. Besides, if it's still free, that's all the more money you can drink with. Both shows will be opened by The O's, which makes the lineup even awesomer than it would be with just Slobberbone (which is pretty awesome without anything else).
Here's a brief list of everything else going on this weekend. Is it just me, or is this an unusually thin weekend for shows? Maybe all other bands are cowering in fear of playing against the mighty Slobberbone.
- Eric Neal, Camille Cortinas, Dave Little, Chris Holt (Friday: Opening Bell Mosaic)
- Clay & The Electronic Cowboys, Romp Almighty, The Flowerettes (Friday: Lounge on Elm Street)
- Sounds Under Radio, PVC Street Gang, Menkena (Friday: Lola's 6th Street)
- The Felons, 3Fantastic, Madison King (Saturday: Club Dada)
- RTB2, Slider Pines (Sunday: Barley House)