Sunday, July 27, 2008

Some Big and Crazy News

First, let me tell you the big news. Those of you who know me personally have probably heard me talk about the showcase I’m holding at Club Dada this Saturday in honor of the one year anniversary of GOBL. I am proud to FINALLY announce the official lineup of the show.

6:45 Kristina Morland
7:30 American Werewolf Academy
8:15 Rahim Quazi (solo)
9:00 The Felons
10:00 the cut*off
11:00 THe BAcksliders
12:00 Rose County Fair
1:00 Somebody's Darling

The cover is $10, and considering both the quantity and quality of bands, that’s simply a steal. Spread the word and tell your friends about this show.

Now comes the crazy news. Actually, it’s news about the Crazy Jeff Show. I met Jeff at THe BAcksliders CD Release show, and he’s definitely one cool guy. He’s recording a live podcast tonight with very special guest Sean Kirkpatrick. Word on the street is that Mr. Kirkpatrick is going to debut some brand spankin’ new songs on the show. Isn’t that reason enough to listen?

If you think the answer to that question is “no”, then seek immediate psychiatric help. That is reason enough to listen to the show, but I still have one more reason for you to tune in. Jeff interviewed me earlier today, and that interview will be part of the podcast. We’ll be talking about my showcase on Saturday among other topics. The live broadcast begins at 9:00. What else are you going to do tonight, watch repeats of Without a Trace? This is so much cooler.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for announcing the line up. It will be much easier to promote in a neighborly fashion as I have a big show that night over at Kettle Art.

nffcnnr said...

That's a solid lineup of DFW talent, bro. And the price is eee-zee.
~the Awesome-o-meter

The Tara said...

I can hardly wait!
What a great line-up.