Monday, June 25, 2012

The Lucky Thirteen: 6/25/12

As the halfway mark of this year comes close, many music critics seem to be doing their list of favorite albums of 2012 thus far.  I suppose I should jump on this bandwagon, but I'm not one to usually do lengthy album reviews.  Plus, EP's and singles are now making up a bigger portion of the local music output, especially since producing an album can be cost prohibitive.

Instead of a list of this year's best albums so far, I'm opting to dedicate this week's Lucky Thirteen to a number of the finest songs I've heard this year.  This is by no means a fully comprehensive list of the area's best contributions, but rather a small sampling of some of the best well known acts, as well as some deserving of more attention.

And since ordering this list is a bigger headache than I want, I've simply arranged the tracks in alphabetical order by artist.


My Widget by Chris Mueller on Grooveshark


  1. "Knockout Rose", Bad Design
  2. "White Chocolate", The Boom Boom Box
  3. "The Road", Dovetail
  4. "When Your Hope Dies at Your Feet", The Farstar
  5. "Married to the Sea", John Singer Sergeant (performed by Marcus Striplin & Sarah Jaffe)
  6. "One Loaded Gun", Lara Parker
  7. "After the Politics", Low Dark Hills
  8. "Something We Need", Quincy Forte
  9. "Break My Spirit", The Roomsounds
  10. "Unstoppable", Salim Nourallah
  11. "Glorified High", Sarah Jaffe
  12. "Save Me", Siren Sea
  13. "Take It Back", To Coda

No comments: