Monday, June 18, 2012

Ghost of Blind Lemon Presents The Top 50 of the Last 5 Years

First of all, for those wondering about the A-Z Project, I do intend to restart the project, though most likely it will resume in September.  For now, I have a different list of sorts to get to.

It was a little over five years ago when a friend suggested I start a local music blog.  I initially gave the idea little thought.  After seeing how the music scene was declining at the time, I gave more serious consideration to the concept of the blog.  From that concept, Ghost of Blind Lemon was born.  And what a long, crazy, five years it has been.

In honor of the upcoming five year anniversary of GOBL, I decided to do a countdown of my Top 50 local songs of the past five years.  Each day, I will reveal a song in the countdown (minus all Saturdays except this one) complete with a write-up and a means to either hear or download the song.  I will continue to do this until August 1, the official five year anniversary of the blog.  On that date, I will reveal my pick for the number one local tune of the past five years.

For those of you keeping score, you may have noticed that there are less than fifty days until August 1.  In order to save time, I have made a playlist of songs 50-41 on the countdown.  Later today, I will reveal song number 40.  Until then, enjoy these ten tracks.


50-41 by Chris Mueller on Grooveshark
  1. "Who's That Girl", PPT
  2. "Same Old, Same Old", Hello Lover
  3. "All Inside", The Felons
  4. "German Chocolate Cake", Bravo, Max!
  5. "The Message", Dem Southernfolkz
  6. "Nip/Tuck", The Orange
  7. "Icarus", Arielle
  8. "We Will All Be Changed", Seryn
  9. "Virtue And Vice", The Virgin Wolves
  10. "Little Bear", Elkhart

No comments: